Melbourne Exchange offers free, simple and quick ads to find or advertise rooms for rent in Melbourne.
Just click submit!
"Found Melbourne Exchange on Google 2yrs ago. Now, whenever I need a housemate I use this site! "
Advertise Melbourne share accommodation
• If you own or are already renting property and have a Melbourne share room becoming available you can place a share accommodation ad so that interested flatmates and housemates can get in touch
• Start with a catchy, informative headline to attract the interest of potential flatmates and housemates (as well as higher search rank exposure). The opening three words of your ad copy becomes the headline. Eg: Luxury Enuite Bedroom, CBD Share Apartment, LARGE DOUBLE ROOM, etc
• Make sure you use a pic - it is the best way to show people what is on offer and increase response to your ad
• If you want to increase the speed and no of responses you can pay the small fee to upgrade your ad to make sure that people see it first – bold ads are larger, get top billing above free ads and may contain 5 images • The better your description of your share accommodation is the more response from genuinely interested parties you can expect. Include details of: the suburb, the rental amount, the no of bedrooms, bathrooms and people they would be sharing with, parking, access to transport, shops and other amenities
• Include some brief personal details such as your age, occupation and interest – since you will be sharing a property with others you need to choose people you are going to get along with
• State the date the room will become available
• Genuine potential housemates would not hesitate to call, you may like to provide a number as a second contact option
"We found a fabulous new roommate thanks to you guys.
The phone calls haven`t stopped the whole time the ad was on the Exchange website.
It was a 100% success.
Thanks so much, Michelle
• Do not use all caps – capitalising everything actually emphasises nothing - submission all in capitals will convert to lower case
• Attempts to format will not work , they will only make your ad unappealing to read and lots of or ---- for example will make your ad less findable on web searches by interested parties
• It is not really necessary to include the address of your share accommodation at this initial stage of enquiry – these sorts of details can be saved for later discussion with respondents who appeal and you can retain your privacy in the meantime
"I did an advanced search in Google for Melbourne accommodation.
I advertised my room for short-term rent and got 3 potential tenants in 2 days.